Additionally, at a special event at Teatro Central de Sevilla this week, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss spoke frankly on a number of topics, talking the woes of adapting the novels for the audience and confirming the presence of flashbacks.
Thanks to Los Siete Reinos for the program notes and translations.
The news and highlights include:
- D&D confirmed that there will be flashbacks in season 5, despite their previous assertions that there would never be flashbacks on the show. This is line with leaked info from a few months ago, regarding the casting of characters such as Maggy the Frog and young Cersei.
- Also confirmed: the Cordoba filming is representing the Free City of Volantis, with the Roman bridge standing in for the Free City’s Long Bridge.
- As for favorite characters, they have a hard time choosing. They especially appreciate Maisie (Williams) and Sophie (Turner) and their characters, since they were cast very young. The producers also named Tyrion and Theon as characters they love.
- D&D love Seville, the shooting locations and the local fans, and would love to return next year. It is quite expensive to film in that area but coming back next year is a possibility.
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is the most curious about what’s going to happen in the future with his character- but they don’t answer his questions. Peter Dinklage, on the other hand, has never asked them about Tyrion’s future.
- There may be true spoilers from The Winds of Winter in season 5. The answer on the subject was unclear, but the vibe the attendees got from the producers was a strong maybe, leaning toward yes.
- George R.R. Martin has never asked them to change the material; he is happy with the changes generally, particularly the Bronn-Sandor scene in “Blackwater.”
Visit LSR for their full report!
SPOILERS below this point!
In other Seville news, this photo of Jerome Flynn and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau turned up on Twitter. It looks like Bronn and Jaime have secured the Dornish guards’ costumes, and are up to no good. It seems like this may be how they sneak into the palace and find Myrcella, as this leak hints.
As filming winds down in Seville, it kicks into gear in the town of Osuna, Spain, where cast members such as Emilia Clarke, Nathalie Emmanuel and Iain Glen are already being spotted.
— Juego de Tronos™ (@JuegoDeTronosTM) October 15, 2014
Director David Nutter is in Osuna now as well. He’s handling episodes 9 and 10, which gives us a clue as to the Osuna shooting’s significance.
Mayor Rosario Andujar confirms that Osuna shooting begins on October 16th and runs through the 30th. Several hundred extras from the area will participate in the filming, which will include the town’s well-known Plaza de Toros, believed to be standing in for Daznak’s Pit.