To celebrate the release of season 6 on Blu-ray and DVD, Game of Thrones has an interactive event planned for their fans. HBO tells us this will be done in three different U.S. cities and feature interactive experiences that blend video, photo, and virtual reality to take fans behind the scenes of season 6.
Five different experiences will accompany the individual bonus features and will give fans the chance to go behind the scenes of epic moments like Dany burning the Temple of the Dosh Khaleen, Hold the Door, the Battle of the Bastards, and even sitting on the Iron Throne! Additionally, fans will be able to access brand new exclusive Virtual Reality experiences that will train them for the wars to come.
The first stop is in New York City at Astor Place (Friday, November 18th and Saturday, November 19th).
Followed by Chicago at Grant Park (Saturday, November 26th and Sunday, November 27th).
The third and final stop will be in Los Angeles at Hollywood & Highland (Friday, December 9th and Saturday, December 10th).
All operating hours will be from 12:30pm-8pm.
The first 20 fans will receive early entry and you can pre-register here!
Interactive event experiences include:
- Vaes Dothrak: Watch footage from the exclusive Blu-rayTM/DVD bonus feature “Recreating the Dothraki World,” a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the city of Vaes Dothrak and its importance to Daenerys’s evolution, and stand in for Daenerys as the Temple of the Dosh Khaleen burns around you in a shareable video utilizing green screen technology.
- North of the Wall: “Bran’s Journey” delves into Bran Stark’s shocking and revelatory journey during Season 6. In this interactive experience, fans will see a recreation of the mystical Weirwood tree, learn about the Children of the Forest, and “hold the door” to save Bran from the White Walker army in a shareable video.
- Winterfell: “The Battle of the Bastards: An In-Depth Look,” available exclusively on the Season 6 Blu-ray/DVD set, goes behind the scenes to examine the production challenges of creating this epic event, including explorations of Visual Effects, stunts, and interviews with key cast and crew. In this experiences, modeled after Jon Snow’s command tent, fans can move stone pieces around the battle table and insert themselves into a photo opp of Jon’s position in the incredible aerial mob shot at the height of battle.
- Castle Black: In the Defend the Wall Virtual Reality Experience, modeled after the Castle Black courtyard and created exclusively for the Game of Thrones: Season 6 – Behind the Scenes fan event, fans will wear a VR headset and pick up a virtual crossbow, arrows and shield to hone their battle skills for the wars to come. But beware! You never know what danger lurks around the corner.
- The Workshop: The “18 Hours at the Paint Hall” Blu-rayTM/DVD feature follows all three Game of Thrones shooting units as they converge for the first time at Titanic Studios, better known as the Paint Hall, the series’ Belfast-based production hub. Housed in an aluminum structure modeled after the actual Paint Hall, this workshop will house props and costumes from the show, plus give fans the chance to sit on the Iron Throne and begin their reign as the true ruler of the Seven Kingdoms.
Season 6 will be released this year with exclusive editions at Best Buy and Target. We have an clip of the animated history narrated by Bryden Tully exclusive to Best Buy! You can now pre-order the Targaryen Meereen or Titan of Braavos steelbooks.
Or you can choose the Target edition with an exclusive bonus disc that goes behind the scenes of the fight for Meereen!
Lastly, we leave you with a clip of Peter Dinklage crashing Emilia Clarke’s set tour:
Will you be attending the fan event? Which edition of season 6 will you be picking up tomorrow?