HBO has released details about the Game of Thrones bonus features available with the digital download of Season 5, as well as new merchandise coming this November!
The digital release features an extensive look at the new settings of Season 5 as well as an in-depth look behind the scenes with the cast and crew.
The digital download contains:
- Introduction to Dorne – featuring an exclusive look of the set of Dorne with Alexander Siddig (Prince Doran), Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand) and the Sand Snakes: Keisha Castle-Hughes, Rosabell Laurenti Sellers and Jessica Henwick
- Poisons of Westeros – a featurette profiling the Snakes preferred method of killing.
- Invitation to the Set – get an exclusive behind the scenes peek into the set of Westeros.
- A Day in the Life – the feature that started the hype before Season 5 even began.
- Set Design – Production designer Deborah Riley goes through her thought process behind the sets used to create Dorne.
- The Weapons of Dorne – weapons master Tommy Dunne takes a close-up look at the unique weapons made for each Sand Snake.
- New Characters & Locations – tour the new locations of Season 5 as well as stay up to date with the new players in the Game (including are visits Dorne and the House of Black and White, Doran Martell, the Sand Snakes, the High Sparrow, and more)
- Season 4 Recap – a quick refresher before Season 5
- Trailer – remind yourself of what’s to come before starting your binge-watch.
The digital release is priced at $38.99 for High Definition and $28.99 for Standard Definition.
Additionally, HBO also previewed their new merchandise available in November, available online and in stores:
Also being released this year is a The Noble Houses of Westeros: a guide to the major Houses of Game of Thrones and their histories. Featuring series photography throughout, the guide is filled with character profiles, location information, and more! It retails at $16.00 US/$19.99 CAN.
This next one is for all you #Hairwatchers our there! A mini-kit including a miniature replica of Jon Snow’s sword: Longclaw. The blade comes with a sheath, a stand, and 48-page book with color series photography. Grab this to keep the White Walkers at bay for Winter is Coming!
Last up is a mini-kit for those with a sight for all things Bran. The Three-Eyed Raven is a collectible figurine perched on a stand that also comes with a 48-page book on The Sight. Use this to receive all your visions of events past, present, and future!
Both figurines retail at $12.95 US and $13.95 CAN.
What new merch will you be picking up in November? What features are you looking forward to with the digital release? Let us know in the comments below!