We’ve almost reached the end of Watchers on the Wall Awards voting! Today’s categories, celebrating the best quotes of Game of Thrones season 5, and Friday (Best Episode), will close out the final rounds. It’s a lengthy process, but the voices of the fans have spoken loud and clear throughout and carried us to this point.
And now today, we’re here to vote on the Best and Funniest Quotes of the season. The finalists were all chosen by preliminary round voting. Preliminary round poll results for both categories found here!
The nominees are:
For Season 5’s Funniest quote:
- Cersei: “Ah yes, the famously tart-tongued Queen of Thorns.” Olenna: “And the famous tart, Queen Cersei.”
- “I wish we had some wine for you – it’s a bit early for us.” – Margaery, to Cersei
- Pirate: “It will be a dwarf-sized cock.” Tyrion: “Guess again!”
- “Fewer.” – Stannis being grammatically consistent at the Night’s Watch meeting
- Loboda: “My ancestors would spit on me if they knew I broke bread with a crow.” Karsi: “So would mine, but fuck ’em, they’re dead.”
For the All-Around Best Quote of Season 5, we have:
- “I’ve been worrying about Jon for years. He always comes back.” – Samwell Tarly
- “Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is STARK.” – Lyanna Mormont’s letter to Stannis Baratheon, read by Jon
- “You will find little joy in your command, but with luck you will find the strength to do what needs to be done. Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy, and let the man be born.” – Maester Aemon
- “Everyone advised me to send you to the ruins of Valyria to live out your short life with the Stone Men, before the sickness spread through the castle. I told them all to go to hell. I called in every maester on this side of the world. Every healer, every apothecary. They stopped the disease and saved your life. Because you do not belong across the world with the bloody Stone Men. You are the Princess Shireen of House Baratheon. And you are my daughter.” – Stannis Baratheon
- “Egg…I dreamed that I was old.” – Maester Aemon
In the finals, unlike the preliminaries, fans have one vote to cast in each category, and 48 hours to make their decision and vote.
Funniest Quote Poll:
Best All-Around Quote Poll:
The final round polls will be open for 48 hours: Best Quote and Funniest Quote beginning now and running until 10/2/15 at 7PM EDT. The results will be revealed at the Watchers On The Wall Awards ceremony in a couple weeks!