Three years ago we were impatiently waiting for season two to start (the premiere was on April 1, two weeks earlier than S5!). There were promo shots, character portraits, first (p)reviews, collectible Entertaintment Weekly covers, regular TV Guide covers, and all that jazz.
- A new writer was added to the team, Vanessa Taylor. This reminds me that we miss female writers on the show. Too bad Jane Espenson did not stick around after her one-episode stint in S1.
- Speaking of S1, the boxset of the first season came out in March. It was high on the charts, and the first-week sales record for HBO shows was broken with 350,000 units. A big hit from the start, no question about it.
- Episode titles for 203 through 206 were revealed. Do you still remember them? ‘What is Dead May Never Die’, ‘Garden of Bones’, ‘The Ghost of Harrenhal’, and ‘The Old Gods and the New’.
- We got this glorious Simpsons GoT opening.
- Four trailers! Seven Devils, a classic, The More You Love, Nowhere to Hide, and The Price for Our Sins.
- On top of that, a 22 min promo You Win of You Die was released, looking back as S1 and offering some glimpses into S2, alongside two shorter videos introducing new characters and new locations.
- They also gave us SIX clips from episode 201, and THREE clips from 202. Way too much, heh heh.
- The companion book to the first two seasons penned by Bryan Cogman was announced that month (as you know we got both that and another for seasons three and four since).