So, what was going on in the GoT community three years ago? November was a quiet month, as usual. Filming winding down, and it still being too early for extensive promotion. Nevertheless …
- Some of the last shots in Northern Ireland was scenes from Renly’s and Robb’s camps. We learned about dissent in Robb’s storyline, with people badmouthing Talisa (her name then yet unknown) as “that foreign woman”. We also got the confirmation that Craster’s Keep was filmed in NI.
- The Making GoT blog teased about the night-time battle shoot which later resulted in Blackwater.
- We got our first small sneak peek of Qarth, shot earlier in Croatia, via Entertainment Weekly.
- The Northern Ireland part of filming wrapped on the 18th. Soon after, however, the production moved to Iceland.
- Edward Dogliani was announced to play Rattleshirt by GRRM, that was one of the last casting tidbits for the season.
- If you do not count Icelandic extras and horses (15 of the latter), that is.
- The DVD of season one was announced for March! Ah, first season … and now we are already awaiting the box sets of Season Four.
- The biggest thing, and the most exciting one that month, was the release of this S2 behind the scenes “In Production” video. Good old days indeed.