Once more we go down memory lane to see what was going on three years ago. Much like we are now expecting S5 to hit the screens, we were eagerly expecting the sophomore season of Game of Thronesi back then.
- The wait was more bearable because we had the first season box set to analyse, and Bryan Cogman to tell us about his work on it.
- In terms of S2 publicity, a lot happened that February. They published a series of character images with S2 quotes (such as Arya’s ‘Anyone can be killed’), a poster for fans of a Stark sigil made in blood with the words The North Remembers (how appropriate for this post), a bunch of publicity photos, and a S2 tease art and poster – a hand grabbing a crown, with the tagline War is Coming. I wasn’t impressed by that last one.
- We learned the title of the first episode of the second season: it would be called “The North Remembers”.
- GRRM provided some details on his writing the script for episode 209 “Blackwater”, and it sounded promising (as we know, the episode did not disappoint).
- Several videos were published as well, and I know you will enjoy rewatching them. There was this In Production video from Iceland, a behind-the-scenes Invitation to the Set, and last but not least the Power and Grace trailer!
- Finally, three years ago we started looking three years back with this series of posts … Time flies. Also, recursion.