HBO is releasing details on the box art and full extra content of the Season 5 Box Set for DVD and Blu-Ray. They previously announced that Season 5 would be available for digital download this fall, but the box set is scheduled to be ready before the likely season 6 premiere!
Details after the jump.
According to HBO, the DVD and Blu-Ray box sets will be available on March 15th, 2016- just in time for Season 6. The DVD version (see image above) will include the following:
- Anatomy of an Episode: Mother’s Mercy – Details about the creation of “Mother’s Mercy,” from the writing table all the way through to visual effects
- The Real History Behind Game of Thrones – In a two-part series, historians and George R.R. Martin discuss the era known as “The Wars of the Roses” and other historical events that served as inspiration for his novels
- Audio Commentaries – Twelve audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Iain Glen, Maisie Williams, Natalie Dormer, Gwendoline Christie and more.
- Deleted Scenes – 4 deleted scenes
- A Day in the Life – Inside look at the production process of Season 5
- New Characters/New Locations – Explore the new societies, cultures and locations from Season 5
As is typical, the Blu-Ray version (see image above) will include everything in the DVD set and exclusive bonus content such as:
- Digital Copy – For the entire Season
- The Dance of Dragons – An in-depth look at the story behind the Targaryen civil war
- In-Episode Guide – Provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories
- Histories and Lore – Explore the mythology of Westeros and Essos from character perspectives in 14 history pieces with feature illustrations